Skillet chicken smothered in a lemon garlic cream sauce made all in one skillet.
Lemon goes so perfectly with chicken and then add in some garlic and cream and you have a rich and creamy flavorful sauce. That comes together in under 30 minutes.
Chicken dinners don’t have to be boring! Smothered in the creamy sauce and served with pasta, rice or just a delicious roasted veggie. Either way this dish does not disappoint!
Tools I used to make this recipe
How to make this skillet chicken with lemon garlic cream sauce.
- Pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness, salt and pepper both sides.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil and sear both sides of the chicken. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet add onions and garlic, saute 30 seconds. Then add in the chicken stock, lemon juice, red pepper and simmer 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Whisk in heavy cream and butter. Add the chicken back into the skillet and simmer on low 2-3 minutes.Serve with pasta,
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
The sauce is so addicting and crazy delicious. my hubby always grabs some bread to slop up any leftovers.
Still hungry? Check out these recipes
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- Beef Stroganoff
- Pan Seared Garlic Rib Eye Steak
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
- Easy Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley
Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock freezer bag (or between two pieces of plastic wrap) and using a mallet or rolling pin pound the chicken until its about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Add olive oil and chicken breasts and cook 2-3 minutes and flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside on a plate.
Add red onion and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds then add chicken broth. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
Add in butter, and heavy cream whisk until combined. Add chicken breasts back in and simmer on low another 3-4 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley