These Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies are everything, chewy and packed with yumminess!
These Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies have got to be one of my all time favorite cookies! Soft and chewy on the inside slightly crispy on the outside. Bursting with caramel chips and crunchy pecans.
Nothing like a warm cookie right out of the oven, Mmmm! As a child when we made homemade cookies, I used to pop a couple in the microwave for 10 seconds just to warm them up again.
Tips for making Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- I like to make 24 big cookies, but you could easily make these smaller just adjust the time so you don’t over cook them.
- Pressing the cookies down to flatten them a bit, helps them become a flat cookie.
- I use Ghirardelli Caramel Chips or Kraft Caramel Bits.
- Removing them form the oven when they are just a tad underdone, gives then a nice chewy texture.
Items I used to make this recipe:
One of the best things about the Holiday season for me is baking, and cookies are at the top of the list! So many cookies, you’ll have to try making my fun Christmas Oreos. !
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 10-ounce pkg caramel chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a stand or electric mixer beat butter and sugars until creamy then add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt . Then add to the wet ingredients, mix until combined. Then mix in oats, caramel chips and pecans.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop drop 1 1/2-2 inch balls onto a baking sheet. Gently flatten them with your fingers.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, centers will look undercooked let cool 5 minutes
- Makes approx 24 cookies
Amount Per Serving Calories 197 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 190mg Carbohydrates 37g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 23g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g