These Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies are everything, chewy and packed with yumminess!
These Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies have got to be one of my all time favorite cookies! Soft and chewy on the inside slightly crispy on the outside. Bursting with caramel chips and crunchy pecans.
Nothing like a warm cookie right out of the oven, Mmmm! As a child when we made homemade cookies, I used to pop a couple in the microwave for 10 seconds just to warm them up again.
I like to make big cookies, but you could easily make these smaller just adjust the time so you don’t over cook them.
Pressing the cookies down to flatten them a bit, helps them become a flat cookie which is what I prefer.
If you love cookies as much as we do, check out my Chewy Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 10-ounce pkg caramel chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a stand or electric mixer beat butter and sugars until creamy then add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt . Then add to the wet ingredients, mix until combined. Then mix in oats, caramel chips and pecans.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop drop 1½-2 inch balls onto a baking sheet. Gently flatten them with your fingers.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, centers will look undercooked let cool 5 minutes
- Makes approx 24 cookies