Chicken and mushrooms go so well together, especially with garlic and butter. This is a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
Chicken thighs are my favorite cut to use most of the time. I think they are juicer and have less of a chance of drying out. Although chicken breasts would also work. I serve this with mashed potatoes, pasta or sometimes just a veggie side.
I could just eat this pan of garlic butter mushrooms and be a happy camper. The garlic butter gets all absorbed into the mushrooms. SO good! If you love mushrooms like I do you’ll love my Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms as your next appetizer.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Jalapeno Pepper Jack Chicken Burger
- Slow Cooker Lemon Honey Chicken
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- 1-1/2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (6 large thighs)
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Place the chicken in hot skillet and sear for about 7 minutes. Flip and cook another 7 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the butter to the skillet and mushrooms. season with salt and pepper and saute for about 3 minutes. add in the garlic and cook until fragrant about another minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 61mgSodium 466mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 10g