Sweet N Spicy grilled chicken thighs are moist, flavorful, and grilled to perfection!
Sweet n Spicy is my favorite flavor combination for chicken. It's not too spicy, with just the right amount of sweetness. It's delicious all on its own or topped on a fresh crisp salad like my Cast Iron Chicken Thighs.
Fire up the grill this summer, and make this easy recipe everyone will enjoy like my Soy Sauce Chicken Marinade.
Let the rub do its thing for at least two hours, but for best flavor refrigerate overnight.
We prefer chicken thighs in our house. Although you could totally use this on breasts or chicken legs if desired.
More Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Tri-Tip with Peppers and Onions
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club
What to serve with this?
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Southern Potato Salad
- Creamy Chipotle Lime Coleslaw
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Sweet N Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
Tender, juicy boneless chicken thighs. Coated in a quick and easy sweet n spicy rub and grilled to perfection.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic (or powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, granulated garlic, oregano, salt, and red pepper mix.
- In a bowl or large ziplock bag add your chicken and sprinkle the seasoning mixture and toss until well coated.
- Let set for 4 hours or overnight for the best flavor.
- Grill chicken thighs covered over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side. Or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 304Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 208mgSodium 587mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 42g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Made this tonight and while it was definitely moist, and looked delicious, it didn’t pop in the flavor department like I’d hoped. Followed recipe exactly. Wasn’t bad at all but the sweet and spicy didn’t come through like it sounded like it would. Ended up squeezing a bit of lime over it for some citrus notes.
If you are concerned about the spice level just leave it out or cut it in half.
It looks wonderful! How spicy is it though? My family doesn’t like too spicy! Is it OK for kids?