Sweet N Spicy grilled chicken thighs are moist, flavorful, and grilled to perfection!
Sweet n Spicy is my favorite flavor combination for chicken. It's not too spicy, with just the right amount of sweetness. It's delicious all on its own or topped on a fresh crisp salad like my Cast Iron Chicken Thighs.
Fire up the grill this summer, and make this easy recipe everyone will enjoy like my Soy Sauce Chicken Marinade.
Let the rub do its thing for at least two hours, but for best flavor refrigerate overnight.
Sweet N Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic or powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, granulated garlic, oregano, salt, and red pepper mix.
- In a bowl or large ziplock bag add your chicken and sprinkle the seasoning mixture and toss until well coated.
- Let set for 4 hours or overnight for the best flavor.
- Grill chicken thighs covered over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side. Or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.