Grilled chicken with fresh avocado salsa is bursting with fresh flavors.
An easy marinade using simple pantry ingredients, make this a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love. Juicy and tender and full of flavor.
Perfect for weeknight dinner or weekend get-togethers. Once you try this one it will definitely be on the chicken dinner rotation.
Tips for making grilled chicken with avocado salsa
- You can substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- This chicken can be grilled or made in a hot skillet.
- Chicken breasts cook more evenly when they are the same thickness.
- Make sure your avocados are ripe. You want avocados that are on the firmer side of ripe so they don't just turn to mush after slicing.
What to serve with grilled chicken!
The avocado salsa is so delicious I could eat it just by the spoonful. It's literally a match made in heaven when paired with this grilled chicken.
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES!
Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Grilled Chicken with Avocado salsa is fresh and bursting with flavor. Its a quick and effortless meal the whole family will love.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in half )
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder, salt, pepper, cilantro and lime juice.
- Slice the 3 chicken breasts in half to make 6 thin chicken breasts.
- Toss the chicken breasts in the marinade until coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a grill on medium-high heat or a skillet on the stovetop. Grill for 4-5 minutes then flip and divide the cheese up evenly and place on top of each chicken breast and grill until cooked through and 165 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl add the salsa ingredients and mix until combined.
- Top chicken with avocado salsa and serve.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead.
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 95mgSodium 383mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 35g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
If you don't care for olive oil, vegetable or canola oil will work.
What could I use in substitute of all the olive oil? This looks so yummy!
Oh Janet that just made my day! Stay safe 🙂
Thank you so much for your tutorial videos !
At 63 years old, I am learning to cook due to COVID-19
Shelter in place orders. The visual is an invaluable tool-please keep them coming!!!