Grilled chicken with fresh avocado salsa is bursting with fresh flavors
A easy marinade using simple pantry ingredients, make this a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love. Juicy and tender and full of flavor.
Perfect for weeknight dinner or weekend get-togethers. Once you try this one it will definitely be on the chicken dinner rotation.
Tip for making grilled chicken with avocado salsa
- You can substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- This chicken can be grilled or made in a hot skillet.
- Chicken breasts cook more evenly when they are the same thickness.
- Make sure your avocados are ripe. You want avocados that are on the firmer side of ripe so they don’t just turn to mush after slicing.
What to serve with grilled chicken!
The avocado salsa is so delicious I could eat it by the spoonful. Its literally a match made in heaven when paired with this grilled chicken.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in half
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Avocado Salsa
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder, salt, pepper, cilantro and lime juice.
- Slice the 3 chicken breasts in half to make 6 thin chicken breasts.
- Toss the chicken breasts in the marinade until coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a grill on medium high heat or skillet on the stove top. Grill 5 minutes each side or until cooked through and 165 degrees. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl add the salsa ingredients and mix until combined.
- Top chicken with avocado salsa and serve.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead.