These Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries, with the most amazing crumb topping!
I mean who doesn’t love a warm yummy muffin? I SURE DO! These sour cream blueberry muffins are super moist and packed full with blueberries. Then of course, there is that crumble topping to top them off…oh yes please!
We love to make them on the weekends to have with breakfast or just a snack. I usually double the batch and freeze some for a quick breakfast later in the week. I guarantee your family or guests will love them as much as mine.
Looking for more easy breakfasts?
These are truly the best blueberry muffins I have ever made. I love how simple and quick they are to make. They definitely don’t last long in our house, and I’m sure they wont in your house either!
- 2 cups flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2¼ cups fresh blueberries
- Crumb topping
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- To make the crumb topping, in a small bowl mix melted butter, flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon with a fork and set aside.
- For the muffins, in a large bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add in oil, sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined. Then add wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl add 1½ cup blueberries and toss with 1 tablespoons flour and gently fold into the batter. Fill eachmuffin tin about ⅔ full. Scatter the remaining blueberries on the top of the muffins, then top with generous portions of the crumb topping.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Makes about 16 muffins