Cilantro Lime Rice is simple and the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal!
Cilantro lime rice makes a wonderful side dish recipe. I love all the flavors in this rice, perfect amount of cilantro and lime. It just takes a few simple ingredients, probably already found in your pantry.
It goes great with any Mexican dish, like my Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls. I love burrito bowls, who am I kidding I love ALL Mexican food! I could eat tacos every day, like legit every..single..day!
If you happen to be a cilantro hater than this recipe is not for you. I happen to love the stuff, it adds such an amazing flavor to dishes.
I like to use my Cuisinart Everyday Pan which I love, it has a lid to keep the food warm. It's perfect to go from stovetop or oven right to the table.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- juice of two limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- In a large saute pan or pot with a lid add butter and rice and garlic. Cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock or water, cover pot, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until the rice has absorbed all of the water about 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork, stir in lime juice and salt add more of each if desired. Add cilantro toss and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 192Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 19mgSodium 785mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.