Cilantro Lime Rice is simple and the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal!
Cilantro lime rice makes a wonderful side dish recipe. I love all the flavors in this rice, perfect amount of cilantro and lime. It just takes a few simple ingredients, probably already found in your pantry.
It goes great with any Mexican dish, like my Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls. I love burrito bowls, who am I kidding I love ALL Mexican food like my One-Pot Mexican Rice Casserole! I could eat tacos every day, like legit every..single..day!
If you happen to be a cilantro hater then this recipe is not for you. I happen to love the stuff, it adds such an amazing flavor to dishes.
I like to use my Cuisinart Everyday Pan which I love, it has a lid to keep the food warm. It's perfect to go from the stovetop or oven right to the table.
Cilantro lime Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- juice of two limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- In a large saute pan or pot with a lid add butter and rice and garlic. Cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock or water, cover pot, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until the rice has absorbed all of the water about 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork, stir in lime juice and salt add more of each if desired. Add cilantro toss and serve.