This Mexican rice is super easy to make from home and so yummy! The perfect side dish to go with all your Mexican recipes.
This Mexican rice is so delicious just like your favorite restaurant! Perfect for a crowd, but easy to cut in half. Using simple ingredients, rice, onions, garlic and some spices this Mexican rice dish comes together in 30 minutes!
Mexican food is my absolute favorite cuisine. I could seriously eat it every day and not complain. This recipe makes an appearance on a regular basis in our house, we all love it!
How to make Mexican Rice
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil on medium-high heat, add onions and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add in rice and cook another 3-4 minutes or until the rice starts to brown. Add in garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in stock, tomato sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes, and spices mix just until combined. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook 18 minutes (do NOT lift the lid) turn off the heat and let sit another 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff with a fork add more salt to taste and garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh limes if desired.
This recipe couldn't be simpler. The hardest part is being tempted to lift the lid to check on the deliciousness!
What should I serve this Mexican rice with?
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Tacos
- Chicken Pepper Jack Cheese Taquitos
- Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
I love my Cuisinart pan for this Mexican Rice recipe. Goes perfectly from stove to table and looks pretty too.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt- plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lime slices optional
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil on medium high heat, add onions and cook 1-2 minutes. Add in rice and cook another 3-4 minutes or until rice starts to brown. Add in garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in stock, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and spices mix just until combined. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook 18 minutes (do NOT lift lid) turn off heat and let set another 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff with fork, add more salt to taste if needed. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh limes if desired.
**This recipe is perfect for a crowd but can easily be cut in half.
Serving Size8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 2mgSodium 571mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.