This Rich and Creamy Chocolate Cream Pie is mind blowing! So easy you won’t ever be tempted to get one from the store again
This Chocolate Cream Pie is an old family recipe. Flaky, buttery crust with a lusciously creamy chocolate filling. Topped with a fresh whip cream is simply to die for! Perfect for both chocolate and pie lovers!
I used a regular pie crust, because that’s what I had on hand. Although it would also be fantastic in a chocolate cookie crust. I have a Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie that is one of my most popular recipes on the blog.
I really cant even tell you how amazing this pie is. Every time I make it I am always asked for the recipe. It comes together super fast . Perfect anytime of the year!
Things you may need for this recipe!
- Whipped Cream
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate filling
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 3 cups prepared whipped cream
- 1 9" deep dish pie crust
- Bake pie crust according to package directions
- For the whipped topping: In a medium bowl whip 3 cups heavy cream and powdered sugar on high until stiff peaks form about 5 minutes. chill until ready to use
- In a small bowl add the chocolate and butter, microwave for 30 seconds stir and microwave again for 15 second increments until melted.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, cocoa powder and powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in the chocolate and 3 cups prepared whipped cream until combined.
- Spread chocolate filling into pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Spread the remaining whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings