No-Bake Butterfinger Pie is an easy no-bake dessert made with an Oreo crust, and creamy peanut butter filling, with crushed Butterfinger candy bars.
Why this recipe works
You have to love no-bake desserts! Because there is no baking needed to make this easy Butterfinger pie recipe, It's the perfect quick and easy dessert to whip up during the hot summer months. Like my No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream and my No-Churn Caramel Chocolate Ice Cream. It's always the first to get devoured whenever I take it to potlucks or barbecues.
Butterfinger Pie Ingredients
- Oreo cookie crust: You can buy a premade pie shell or even use the graham cracker pie crust.
- Cream cheese: Use total-fat cream cheese and make sure it's at room temperature.
- Peanut Butter: I prefer Skippy or Jiff.
- Butterfinger: Use fun-sized Butterfinger or you can also use 4 full-size Butterfinger candy bars.
- Cool whip: You can substitute 3 cups of homemade whipped cream if you prefer.
how to make Butterfinger pie
- Step 1: Place Oreo cookies into a food processor and blend until crumbs.
- Step 2: In a small bowl add the cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix until combined.
- Step 3: Mix until combined.
- Step 4: Press the cookie mixture firmly into a pie plate.
- Step 5: Add the peanut butter and cream cheese and mix using a hand mixer.
- Step 6: Add in the powdered sugar.
- Step 7: Add in the whipped topping.
- Step 8: Fold together until combined.
- Step 9: Place the Butterfingers into a ziplock bag and crush them using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Step 10: Fold the candy into the filling.
- Step 11: Spread into the pie crust.
- Step 12: Add the reserved crushed Butterfinger candy on top and chill.
- If you don't have a food processor place the Oreos in a large ziplock freezer bag and using a rolling pin smash the cookies until they become crumbs.
- Blend the entire Oreo even the filling.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top, before serving.
Sure, Clark candy bar and 5th Avenue candy bar are all similar to each other and work well in this recipe.
Store covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Yep, this Butterfinger pie recipe can be frozen simply cover it with plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil and freeze it for up to 3 months.
Yes, Butterfinger candy bars are already gluten-free just use gluten free graham crackers instead of the regular ones.
No-Bake Butterfinger Pie
- 20 oreo cookies 2 cups
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1-8 ounce pkg cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10.2 oz bag fun sized Butterfinger bars
- 1-8 oz container cool whip
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until crumbs you should have about 2 cups.
- Add the cookie crumbs to a medium bowl and add in the melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press the cookie crumbs into a pie plate until firm.
- Add the cream cheese and peanut butter to a medium bowl and beat on medium-high until creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Place the Butterfingers into a large ziplock bag and using a mallet or rolling pin gently crush the bars into small chunks.
- Using a spatula fold in the crushed Butterfinger bars (reserving 1/2 cup for topping) and the cool whip until combined.
- Spread the filling into the cookie crust and sprinkle the extra Butterfinger pieces on top.
- Chill for 4 hours and serve!