An easy recipe for buttermilk pumpkin pie. Perfect Holiday dessert that everyone will love.
It requires just a few ingredients and a quick 10 minutes of your time mixing it and its ready for the oven. Creamy pumpkin pie baked in a flaky crust. Is there anything better?
I love the smell of pumpkin pie baking in the oven during the Holidays. This pie is creamy and full of warm fall spice flavor. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream…..YUM!
Can I freeze Pumpkin Pie?
Yes! Let it cool completely to room temperature, wrap with a few layers of plastic wrap then wrap tightly in aluminum foil. To defrost, place in refrigerator to defrost overnight.
I usually grab my go to frozen pie crust from Marie Callenders it is the perfect depth and is always buttery and flaky. But if you have a favorite homemade crust then by all means use that one.
Looking for more dessert recipes?
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
- Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Strawberry Turnovers
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Bake pie crust according to the directions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, butter, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and pumpkin spice until combined. Add the buttermilk and flour and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the pie crust and place on baking sheet, bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cook and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of fresh nutmeg if desired.
You can make your own buttermilk in a pinch. 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice. Let stand 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 427 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 104mg Sodium 331mg Carbohydrates 47g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 28g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g