An easy recipe for buttermilk pumpkin pie. Perfect Holiday dessert that everyone will love.
It requires just a few ingredients and a quick 10 minutes of your time mixing it and its ready for the oven. Creamy pumpkin pie baked in a flaky crust. Is there anything better?
I love the smell of pumpkin pie baking in the oven during the Holidays. This pie is creamy and full of warm fall spice flavor. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream…..YUM!
Can I freeze Pumpkin Pie?
Yes! Let it cool completely to room temperature, wrap with a few layers of plastic wrap then wrap tightly in aluminum foil. To defrost, place in refrigerator to defrost overnight.
I usually grab my go to frozen pie crust from Marie Callenders it is the perfect depth and is always buttery and flaky. But if you have a favorite homemade crust then by all means use that one.
Looking for more dessert recipes?
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
- Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Strawberry Turnovers
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Bake pie crust according to the directions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, butter, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and pumpkin spice until combined. Add the buttermilk and flour and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the pie crust and place on baking sheet, bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cook and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of fresh nutmeg if desired.
You can make your own buttermilk in a pinch. 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice. Let stand 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 427Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 104mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 3gSugar 28gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.