Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs are melt in your mouth tender, cooked low, and slow in a sweet and spicy sauce.
Oh boy…these are simply amazing beef short ribs that are braised in the slow cooker. When they’re done they will be fall off the bone tender perfect with a hot bowl of rice or egg noodles.
I try and stock up when I see short ribs go on sale because they can be a bit pricy but oh they are so worth it. Even though there is a bone in them they actually have quite a bit of meat. This will serve 4 healthy portions, but if you do happen to have any leftovers they are even better the next day.
- 5-6 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil or red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- kosher salt/pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- green onions sliced
- sesame seeds
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper then coat in 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a heavy skillet or pot, heat to medium-high. Add oil, brown the short ribs on both sides. Place in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and hot chili oil. Pour over ribs in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with hot rice, noodles, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
- **If you prefer a thicker sauce as my family does. Before serving remove about 2 cups of the sauce and pour into a saucepan. Whisk in 2-3 teaspoons cornstarch and bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
Amount Per Serving Calories 475Total Fat 76gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 4.2gCholesterol 293mgSodium 2047mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 76g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.