These Slow cooker smothered chicken burritos are super easy to make and has layers of flavor. I usually do a taco bar type setting so everyone can choose their own toppings. Which is always the preferred method around our house. Everybody seems to like something different.
Mexican food is my all time favorite food, I could literally eat it everyday. These burritos are stuffed with tender shredded chicken and pinto beans and topped with a spicy enchilada sauce, which of course you can make your own if you want. Serve these with a red rice or even my Cilantro Lime Garlic Rice. This is definitely family tested and approved, you have to try this recipe your bellies will thank you.
- 3-4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 7oz can green chilis
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 28oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz shredded Pepper jack cheese
- Add chicken, salsa, green chilis, tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin and salt. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker and let simmer in the juices another 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Scoop ½ cup chicken mixture into the middle of the flour tortilla. Add 2-3 tablespoon pinto beans and cheese. Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla into a burrito. Place in 9 x 13 baking dish. Repeat process.
- Poor can enchilada sauce over burritos, sprinkle cheese, bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve burritoes and top with your choice of toppings.