These slow cooker french dip sandwiches are one of my families favorites, and I’m so happy to be able share this recipe with you. The roast comes out so melt in your mouth tender and super juicy, with a slightly crispy roll, ooey gooey cheese. I guarantee this will be devoured fast!
Only takes a few ingredients and you can set it and forget it until its time to chow. You may be surprised by the addition of the coke, but the sugars in it caramelize and add just a hint of sweetness. So if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner to make that you’re family will love, this is the recipe.
Whats the best cheese for French Dip Sandwiches?
I like to use a mild cheese for these sandwiches. Provolone is always my first choice. Mozzarella or Monterey Jack would be close seconds for me.
What is au jus?
Au Jus simple means “with juice”. Served with a juice obtained from roasting, which is served on the side of food for dipping.
Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burritoes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast ( about 4-5 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can coke or cherry coke
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- 6 (8 inch) french rolls
- Season generously both sides of the meat with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add the roast and sear for 3-4 minutes then flip and sear the other side.
- Place roast into slow cooker, add soup, consomme, coke, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours. Remove and slice, and reserve juices and onions.
- Preheat the broiler. Split rolls in half. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Top each half with beef, onions and 2 slices of cheese. Return to the oven and broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a little bowl of the cooking juices (au jus)...Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 463Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 58mgSodium 1047mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 25g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.