Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos are simple to make and packed with flavor.
These short rib tacos simply melt in your mouth, and always a huge hit. In our house tacos are a weekly meal, we love all different kinds. Packed with some kind of meat and topped with fresh ingredients.
This one is hands down one of our favorites, topped with the creamy chipotle slaw to knock it out of the park. I like to serve these on a corn tortillas but if your preference if flour tortilla, go for it! And of course being that it is in the slow cooker and you can just set it and forget it makes it even better. If you love easy taco meals in the slow cooker check out my salsa chicken tacos another family favorite.
How to make Short Rib Tacos
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle short ribs with flour
- Heat a skillet on high heat, add oil and sear the ribs on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add onions, garlic, broth, beer and seasonings and whisk. Place short ribs in the broth.
- Cook 6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Shred with a fork
- Assemble beef tacos
These beef short ribs freeze wonderfully, if you happen to have any left over. Delicious piled on top of tostadas, baked potatoes or a cheesy burrito.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burrito
- Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich
Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos
- 8 beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 Chipotle peppers plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Queso Fresco cheese
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1 Chipotle peppers in adobo diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the flour over the ribs evenly. Heat heavy bottom pan over medium high heat and add oil. Brown the short ribs on all sides and add them to the slow cooker.
Add sliced onions, beef stock, beer, brown sugar, cumin and paprika chipotle peppers to the slow cooker and mix. Place ribs in the broth and toss in garlic. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
Pull the beef off the ribs and place back in juices. Heat up the corn tortillas, add your beef and slaw and crumbled Queso Fresco.
- In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage, carrots, red cabbage, green onions, and cilantro
- In a separate bowl whisk the mayo, chipotle peppers and lime juice and pour over the cabbage. Toss to combine
If you want to crisp up the beef. Place shredded beef on baking sheet and broil 2-3 or until the edges crisp up a bit.