Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos are simple to make and packed with flavor.
These short rib tacos simply melt in your mouth, and always a huge hit. In our house tacos are a weekly meal, we love all different kinds. Packed with some kind of meat and topped with fresh ingredients.
This one is hands down one of our favorites, topped with the creamy chipotle slaw to knock it out of the park. I like to serve these on a corn tortilla but if your preference is flour tortillas, go for it! And of course, since its in the slow cooker and you can just set it and forget it makes it even better. If you love easy taco meals in the slow cooker check out my salsa chicken tacos another family favorite.
How to make Short Rib Tacos
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle short ribs with flour
- Heat a skillet on high heat, add oil and sear the ribs on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add onions, garlic, broth, beer, and seasonings, into the slow cooker and whisk. Place short ribs in the broth.
- Cook 6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Shred with a fork
- Assemble beef tacos
These beef short ribs freeze wonderfully if you happen to have any leftover. Delicious piled on top of tostadas, baked potatoes, or a cheesy burrito.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burrito
- Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Slow Cooker Short Rib Tacos
These short rib tacos simply melt in your mouth, topped with the creamy chipotle slaw to knock it out of the park.
- 8 beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 Chipotle peppers plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Queso Fresco cheese
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1 Chipotle peppers in adobo diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the flour over the ribs evenly. Heat a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat and add oil. Brown the short ribs on all sides and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add sliced onions, beef stock, beer, brown sugar, cumin, and paprika chipotle peppers into the slow cooker and mix. Place ribs in the broth and toss in the garlic. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
- Pull the beef off the ribs and place it back in juices. Heat up the corn tortillas, add your beef and slaw and crumbled Queso Fresco.
- In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage, carrots, red cabbage, green onions, and cilantro
- In a separate bowl whisk the mayo, chipotle peppers, and lime juice and pour over the cabbage. Toss to combine
A chuck roast is always a good substitute for beef short ribs.
If you want to crisp up the beef. Place shredded beef on a baking sheet and broil 2-3 or until the edges crisp up a bit.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Saturated Fat 9gCholesterol 16mgSodium 1525mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 5g
I made this and left the leftovers in the fridge . When I went to have it for lunch there was an orange crust that formed on top. What is that from?
I would use a chuck roast that weighs the same. And no the cooking time should stay about the same.