This Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich is fried to perfection and absolutely heavenly!
This Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich will make you drool! The perfect combination of flavors hot, crispy chicken melted cheese, bacon and that oh so dreamy Sriracha Mayo. I promise this will be a regular on your menu!
Of course, you can adjust the spice to your tastes. Kick it up even further, or tone it down a little. It is a quick and easy meal to through together. So next time you need a hearty flavorful dinner why not whip this scrumptious Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich up.
Resting the chicken after dredging it helps the coating set up.
When you pull your chicken from the hot oil place it on a wire cooling rack to let the grease drain. That way you won’t get a soggy bottom.
Or if your looking for something grilled check out my Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast (sliced in half lengthwise you will have 4 thin breasts )
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 soft buns
- Sriracha Mayo
- ½ cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Place the 4 chicken breast in a medium bowl and add buttermilk. Marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Dredge chicken breasts in the flour mixture then back in the buttermilk and again in the flour mixture and let rest on a baking sheet.
- Heat 4 cups oil in in dutch oven or heavy bottom pot to 350 degrees
- Once oil is hot, add 2 chicken breasts and fry for about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack or plate with paper towel, and place sliced cheese on chicken. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
- For the Sriracha Mayo
- In a small bowl add mayo, sriracha and sugar whisk until combined