This Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe is just like your grandma used to make. Rich and creamy and oh so delicious!
This Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe is a twist to the one I grew up eating. Always looked forward to it when I knew there was left over ham from a Holiday dinner. Such a classic dish and ultimate comfort food on a chilly winter night!
If you need an easy ham recipe check out my Root Beer Glazed Ham it’s a huge favorite! The ham glaze adds a slight sweetness to the potatoes…so good!
I like to use Yukon Gold Potatoes, but you could use Russet if you want, they just don’t hold their shape as well after being baked so long.
It’s my daughters favorite meal ever, so now when ham goes on sale around Christmas or Easter I usually buy a couple to freeze just for these delicious potatoes. You’ve got to treat yourself to these delicious classic Scalloped Potatoes. Your family will love them!
I use this 13×9 baking dish for these scalloped potatoes. If there happens to be any left overs, it will be your lucky day. This is one dish where its even better the next day!
- 2 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes cut into 1/8-in-thick slices
- 3 cups chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 10.5 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a skillet on medium high add olive oil, onions and cook until soft about 2-3 minutes add garlic and cook another minute. Remove and Place in a large bowl.
- In that same bowl add cream of mushroom soup, mayo, milk, cream and salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Place 1/3 of the potato slices into a 13x9 baking dish. Spoon 1/3 cream sauce over potatoes and add half of the diced ham. Then another layer of potatoes, sauce and the rest of the ham. Add the final layer of potatoes and the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender
- Let potatoes sit 10 minute then serve!
- **For all those mayo haters, I like the tangy flavor the mayo gives but feel free to substitute for cream.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1106 Total Fat 72g Saturated Fat 22g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 46g Cholesterol 105mg Sodium 5551mg Carbohydrates 89g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 9g Sugar 6g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 30g