Turkey shepherd’s pie is a delicious way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Loaded with tender turkey, vegetables and gravy topped off with creamy mashed potatoes. A comforting dinner that uses up all your leftovers.
Lets face it after Thanksgiving nobody feels like cooking. This meal is so easy, you just basically pile all your leftovers into a dish and bake it. All the Thanksgiving flavors bite after bite.
Tips for making Turkey shepherd’s pie
- You can substitute whatever veggies you have on hand, green beans are also a great choice.
- This recipe serves 6 but can easily be cut in half.
- I use a 12 inch cast iron skillet but this can also be baked in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Be sure to warm your mashed potatoes up first for easy spreading.
- You can sprinkle a little of your favorite cheese on top before baking.
- Don’t have any leftover turkey? Then try my Brined Garlic Roasted Turkey Breasts.
- Need more garlic mashed potatoes? Or need to make some extra turkey gravy?
- Place your skillet or baking dish on a baking sheet to prevent any bubbling over the top and onto the oven.
Looking for more hearty recipes?
- Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Roasted Poblano Pepper Chili
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Hearty Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion diced
- 3/4 cup carrots diced
- 3/4 cup celery diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups leftover turkey shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cups gravy
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a large oven safe skillet (I use cast iron) on medium high heat. Add butter, onion, celery, carrots salt, pepper and cook until soft about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add Turkey, peas, corn, thyme, rosemary and gravy and stir.
- Heat leftover mashed potatoes until warm (they spread easier) spread over turkey filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Turn oven to broil for the last 5-8 minutes to brown the top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 450 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 113mg Sodium 1278mg Carbohydrates 39g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 6g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 31g