Turkey shepherd's pie is a delicious way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Loaded with tender turkey, vegetables and gravy topped off with creamy mashed potatoes. A comforting dinner that uses up all your leftovers.
Let's face it after Thanksgiving nobody feels like cooking. This meal is so easy, you just basically pile all your leftovers into a dish and bake it. All the Thanksgiving flavors bite after bite.
Tips for making Turkey shepherd's pie
- You can substitute whatever veggies you have on hand, green beans are also a great choice.
- This recipe serves 6 but can easily be cut in half.
- I use a 12 inch cast iron skillet but this can also be baked in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Be sure to warm your mashed potatoes up first for easy spreading.
- You can sprinkle a little of your favorite cheese on top before baking.
- Don't have any leftover turkey? Then try my Brined Garlic Roasted Turkey Breasts.
- Need more garlic mashed potatoes? Or need to make some extra turkey gravy?
- Place your skillet or baking dish on a baking sheet to prevent any bubbling over the top and onto the oven.
Looking for more hearty recipes?
- Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Roasted Poblano Pepper Chili
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Hearty Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion diced
- 3/4 cup carrots diced
- 3/4 cup celery diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups leftover turkey shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cups gravy
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet (I use cast iron) on medium-high heat. Add butter, onion, celery, carrots salt, pepper, and cook until soft about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add Turkey, peas, corn, thyme, rosemary, and gravy and stir.
- Heat leftover mashed potatoes until warm (they spread easier) spread over turkey filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Turn oven to broil for the last 5-8 minutes to brown the top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
If you dont have an oven safe skillet. use a 9x13 baking dish instead.
You can add 1 cup shredded cheese on top if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 450Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 113mgSodium 1278mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 31g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.