This hearty beef stew is comfort food at its best! It will definitely warm your soul!
This mouthwatering hearty beef stew is sure to become your new family favorite. Tender beef and soft vegetables in a delicious rich sauce.
This hearty hearty beef stew is a favorite in our house, served with some crusty bread. The ultimate bowl of goodness, and even better the next day.
How to make hearty beef stew
- In a medium bowl toss the stew beef with the flour and set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot to medium high heat. Add half of the vegetable oil and add half of the meat, sprinkle half of the salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and repeat with the rest of the beef.
- Add in the rest of the oil and add the carrots and onions and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and tomato paste and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in beef broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer on medium low for 1 hour.
- Add in chopped potatoes, then cover and simmer until tender about 45 minutes.
- Add in frozen peas and let heat through 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
Looking for more comfort food recipes?
- Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Roasted Poblano Pepper Beef Chili
- Mini freezer Chicken Pot Pies
- Beef Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine
Beef stew is the ultimate food when the weather gets chilly. It will definitely warm you to the bones, and a must have this winter.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 yukon potatoes
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 -1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl toss beef stew meat with the flour and set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot on medium high heat. Add half of the vegetable oil and add half the meat, half of the salt and pepper. Brown for 3-4 minutes turning the meat halfway through. Remove meat and repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Add the rest of the oil and add carrots and onions, cook for 3-4 minutes then add garlic and tomato paste.
- Add back in the browned beef and pour in the beef stock, wine, worcestershire sauce, thyme and rosemary. Stir and heat on high until it comes to a low boil reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Add in potatoes, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender about 45 minutes.
- Add in frozen peas, let heat through 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve!
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 619Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 150mgSodium 1703mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 59g