Creamy chicken stroganoff is made with simple ingredients and perfect for a cold winter day.
This super easy chicken stroganoff recipe is warm and comforting. A nice variation to the typical beef stroganoff, perfect for a weeknight meal. It will be on your table in just 30 minutes.
Loaded with tender chicken, mushrooms and a super creamy sauce. Pair it with a crisp salad you are pretty much good to go. Ohh and did I mention the leftovers are even better for lunch the next day. This meal is kid friendly, and hubby approved.
Tips for making chicken stroganoff
- I like to use chicken thighs. But if you prefer chicken breasts those work to.
- Any type of mushroom will work with this.
- You can really use any pasta with chicken stroganoff. I prefer extra wide egg noodles. Whatever you choose just make sure your cook your pasta al dente.
This is a recipe my whole family loves and one I make over and over again. Your family thank you for this deliciousness in their tummies!
More delicious pasta recipes
- Spicy Sausage Baked Ziti
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- 12 ounces wide egg noodle
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (I use Cremini)
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into chunks)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add noodles and cook al dente according to the directions.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat drizzle olive oil. Add chicken in batches to sear until they become golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tablespoons butter, add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes, add mushrooms and garlic and cook about 2 more minutes. Add the remaining butter, once melted add the flour and paprika stir about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and chicken bring to a gentle simmer, simmer until thickened. Stir in sour cream and add salt and pepper.
- Add Noodles to skillet stir. Top with fresh parsley
You can use chicken breasts if you prefer.
Any type of pasta will work with this recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 778Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 341mgSodium 842mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 66g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.