You guys…These Bacon jalapeno twice baked potatoes are pure heaven! We love potatoes every which way in our family, but these are one of my favorites.
These little treasures are filled with all my favorite ingredients. Loaded with sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese and jalapenos to add a little spice, then topped off with some crispy bacon! Yes please!
They were the star at our last big family dinner, and I loved that was able to make them ahead and then just popped them in the oven to heat up. So if your looking for an easy stand alone meal, or just as a side dish. You can bet they will be a hit, these twice baked potatoes will not disappoint!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 jalapenos finely diced
- 8 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar (plus more for garnish)
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack (plus more for garnish)
- Kosher salt/pepper
- sour cream
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes clean and then poke each potato with fork several times, and place on a baking sheet. Rub the olive oil on the potatoes and salt generously with kosher salt. Bake 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees
- When potatoes are fully cooked, slice each potato in half, scoop out the inside and place into a bowl. Add butter, jalapenos, bacon ( leave some out for garnish) and cream cheese and mix together until combined. Mix in cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potato mixture back into the potato skins, add diced bacon on top and sprinkle with some additional cheese. Place bake into the oven for 15 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream, bacon and green onions...Enjoy!