Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs are so full of flavor, loaded with veggies and tender juicy pieces of meat, super easy to make.
These Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs are fresh and filling and super easy to make. Marinated cubes of sirloin steak grilled with vegetables, until perfection. The perfect summer meal for a busy weeknight or to feed a crowd.
How to make Spicy teriyaki steak kebabs!
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl until combined.
- Use 1/3 of the teriyaki to marinade the steak pieces. Marinade for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Thread the veggies and meat through a wooden or metal stick.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and simmer reserved sauce and cornstarch until thickened.
- Grill kebabs until desired doneness, basting with the sauce as you desire.
Tips for Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak kebabs!
- If you’re using wooden skewers always soak them for about 20 minutes prior to prepping them to grill. I always use these metal skewers.
- You can use any veggies you have on hand.
- If you don’t like spicy just leave out the red pepper flakes.
- Your grill time can vary a bit, depending on how hot the flames are. Also if you make your steak pieces larger or smaller then 1 1/2 inches.
- You can separate the kebabs, and make all meat and all veggie kebabs which is perfect for those picky eaters.
- I highly recommend marinating the steak pieces over night for the best flavor.
I love grilled peppers and onions, the smoky char flavor is amazingly good! Combined with the caramelized meat, and sweet pineapple really is the ultimate of summer flavors.
What to serve with grilled steak kebabs?
- Southern Potato Salad
- Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potato
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- 2 lbs Sirloin steak cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 3-4 zuchinni cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8-10 wooden or metal skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to avoid burning on the grill)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Place steak cubes in a large ziplock freezer bag and pour in 1/3 marinade mixture. Place in refrigerator and marinate at least 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- In a saucepan add the remaining marinade and whisk in cornstarch until mixed. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer 20 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat. Thread the skewers alternately with steak, peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple. Grill the skewers 3-4 minutes per side (or until desired doneness), brushing glaze over top after each rotation. Remove skewers and let rest 10 minutes. Brush with thickened teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- **Make sure you soak your wooden (or use metal) skewers for 30 minutes this helps them so they don't burn while on the hot grill.
Amount Per Serving Calories 692Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 174mgSodium 2457mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 43gProtein 57g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.