Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs are so full of flavor, loaded with veggies and tender juicy meat, super easy to make.
These Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs are fresh and filling and super easy to make. Marinated cubes of sirloin steak grilled with vegetables, until perfection. The perfect summer meal for a busy weeknight or to feed a crowd.
I love grilled peppers and onions, the smoky char is make is amazingly good! Combined with the caramelized meat, and sweet pineapple really is the ultimate of summer flavors. I like to serve this with a side of rice but it is also delicious with my Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad or Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potatoes.
You could also do meat kebabs and veggie kebabs if you prefer. Sometimes that is much easier with the kiddos.
- 2 1/2 lbs Sirloin steak cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 3-4 zuchinni cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicier)
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8-10 wooden or metal skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to avoid burning on the grill)
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Place steak cubes in a large ziplock freezer bag and pour in 1/3 marinade mixture. Place in refrigerator and marinate at least 6 hours but preferably overnight.
- In a saucepan add the remaining marinade and whisk in cornstarch until mixed. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer 20 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat. Thread the skewers alternately with steak, peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple. Grill the skewers 3-4 minutes per side. Or until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Remove skewers and let rest 10 minutes. Brush with thickened teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- **Make sure you soak you skewers for 30 minutes this helps them so they don't burn while on the hot grill.
Amount Per Serving Calories 692 Total Fat 28g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 174mg Sodium 2457mg Carbohydrates 53g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 43g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 57g