Starbucks Copycat Banana Bread is super moist, loaded with sweet bananas, and topped with walnuts. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Seriously, there’s nothing yummier than a warm slice of banana bread slathered in butter. This banana bread has an amazing flavor and texture, and I know you’ll agree that it’s the best you’ve ever had!
Starbucks is a super popular coffee shop, pretty sure there’s one or two in every neighborhood. Of course, what goes great with a latte? Well, banana bread of course, and their banana bread is delicious! So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I came across this recipe.
I am such a sucker for some warm banana bread. Apparently so is my Father-in-law because he can’t get enough of this banana bread. I seriously make him a loaf or two every week.
How to make Starbucks Copycat Banana Bread
- In a bowl add flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix
- In another bowl add oil, sugar, egg, and whisk
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, it will be on the dry side so don’t worry.
- Add in buttermilk, vanilla, and mashed bananas
- Place in a well-greased 8×5 loaf pan and top with chopped walnuts
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let cool 10 minutes, remove from loaf pan let cool. Wrap in saran wrap while still warm it will give the top a super moist texture.
Some of my favorite baked recipes!
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Banana Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Cake
Once the bananas start to get those brown freckles, It’s time to bake banana bread. If your bananas are ripe and ready but your not ready to bake, just put the bananas peels and all in a ziplock freezer bag. Then just defrost them in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave on defrost and your good to go!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray a 8x5 loaf pan with non stick spray and line it with parchment paper if desired.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and whisk just until combined.
- In another medium bowl add egg, sugar and oil and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well, the mixture will be thick and dry.
- Add in the buttermilk, vanilla and smashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan, sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 60-75 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- You can make your own buttermilk by adding 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 cup milk and let sit for 5 minutes. (The recipe only uses 2 tablespoons)
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 443Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 23mgSodium 241mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 3gSugar 34gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.