These Cheez-it Chicken Tenders are always my go to recipe when I need something quick for dinner. They taste great, are super easy to make and only takes a few ingredients.
I just throw my Cheez-its in a food processor, and they’re done in like 30 seconds. Or you could put the Cheez-its in a Ziplock bag and smash them with a rolling pin. Whatever works for you.
These chicken tenders are baked to crispy perfection, not fried, but nobody would ever know. I like to use this baking sheet and cooling rack, helps the chicken get crispy all the way around. Juicy on the inside, crunchy on the outside and just bursting with flavor. Definitely takes chicken tenders to a whole new level.
Perfect for the whole family, served on a salad or with creamy mashed potatoes, or just with a side of your favorite dipping sauce.
You also might want to check out some of my other chicken recipes!
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Crispy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken and Asparagus
- Spicy Fried Chicken Drumbsticks
Cheez it Chicken Tenders
- 10-12 chicken tenders about 3 pounds
- 2/3 cup Mayo*
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups crushed Cheese Nips or Cheez-Its
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- non stick cooking spray
- Ranch dressing optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush Crackers by placing them in a Ziplock bag and rolling over the bag with a rolling pin or by placing them in a food processor for 1-2 minutes (be careful not to over processor them).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and then add the melted butter in and mix well.
- Rinse and pat the tenders dry
- Spray a wire cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a cookie sheet
- Brush the mayo on the chicken tenders, be sure to coat both side evenly, then place the chicken in the Cheese crumbs mixture and press firmly to make sure the coating sticks.
- Put chicken tenders on a wire cooling rack This helps the heat to circulate all the way around the chicken to ensure crispness.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden in color and juices run clear
- **you can substitute mayo for sour cream or greek yogurt