Crispy chicken cutlets have a golden brown crust on the outside, and are juicy on the inside.
Crispy chicken cutlets are coated in Italian style Panko breadcrumbs, creating a delicious golden crust! Not only are these delicious but can be ready to serve in under 20 minutes.
How to make Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- In a medium bowl or plate add flour and cayenne pepper and mix.
- Add eggs to a bowl or plate and whisk
- In another bowl or plate add the Panko, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour and shake off the excess.
- Then dip the chicken in the egg and shake off excess.
- Then dip the chicken in the panko and press gently until the chicken flattens out a bit.
- Heat a large skillet on medium and add the coconut oil.
- Cooking in batches place breaded chicken into the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 3 minutes.
- Place on a platter and serve.
I love using Panko breadcrumbs they add the perfect texture, and the breading doesn’t come off after cooling. You’ll be amazed at how quickly these come together. Served with potatoes, pasta, veggies or on top of a salad, you can’t really go wrong. Perfect for a easy weeknight meal.
Chicken tenders are usually so soft just pressing them in the bread crumbs makes them thin. But if you want to use large chicken breasts. Then place the chicken in a ziplock freezer bag and pound chicken using a meat mallet, or rolling pin starting in the middle and working outward, until about 4 inch thick. If the chicken is really thick you can slice the breasts horizontally then pound them out.
Looking for some sides for these crispy chicken cutlets.
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo with Asparagus
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- 6-8 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder or more if you like more heat
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 1/2 cup Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
In a small bowl add flour and cayenne pepper and whisk until combined.
In another small bowl whisk eggs
- In the final bowl add Panko, paprika, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
Dredge chicken tenders in flour, shake excess off and dip into egg. Finally dip into Panko crumbs and gently press. Repeat until done.
- Heat a large skillet on medium and add coconut oil. Add chicken cutlets and cook 3 minutes then flip and cook another 3 minutes. If your crust is getting to brown reduce heat a bit.
Coconut oil is great for quick frying and gets a really crispy coating. But you could substitute with canola or vegetable oil if needed.