These cranberry orange muffins are bursting with cranberry and orange flavor with sweet icing drizzled over the top.
These easy muffins are the perfect addition to a hot cup of coffee. Super moist and the perfect holiday sweet treat. The tartness from the cranberries combined with the sweet citrus makes these muffins a delicious breakfast or dessert
Tips for making these cranberry orange cream cheese muffins.
- Make sure your butter and cream cheese are softened.
- I use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups.
- If you use frozen cranberries do not thaw them.
- You will need 1 orange for the zest (I use this zester). You can also add some of the orange juice in the powdered sugar instead of milk.
Can I use frozen cranberries?
Yes, don’t thaw the frozen cranberries, You may have to add another minute to cook.
Looking for more fall treats?
- Apple Cake
- Apple cider donuts
- Pumpkin Roll
- Apple Walnut Bread
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- Apple Pie Turnovers
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (1 orange)
For the Icing
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease or line a muffin tin with paper cups and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until mixed.
- Fold the cranberries and orange zest then divide the batter (I use an ice cream scoop) into the muffins tins.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl add the powdered sugar and milk until combined.
- Once muffins are cooled drizzle icing over the top of muffins.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you want the icing a little thinner add a touch more milk until your desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 81mgSodium 238mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.