Ginger snap cookies are the perfect cookie, just the right amount of crunch and chew!
Crisp on the edges with a soft and chewy center. Seriously the best holiday treat, spiced with warm winter spices that’s hard to resist.
These cookies smell amazing as they bake, warm spices and molasses will fill your house with holiday cheer! Perfect with a hot cup of coffee or apple cider.
Tips for making ginger snap cookies.
- I use a 2-inch cookie scoop.
- Rolling the dough in granulated sugar helps give them those crackly tops.
- Ginger snaps spread out while baking, so make sure you don't crowd the baking sheet.
Can you freeze ginger snap cookies?
Yes, just put the baked cookies in a freezable container or freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. Or freeze the dough for fresh-baked cookies.
What’s the difference between ginger snaps and gingerbread cookies?
Gingersnaps are just a variation of gingerbread. Gingerbread is more cake-like.
More holiday cookies!
- Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Oreo Dipped Christmas Cookies
- M&M Cookie Bars
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- Avalanche Cookie (No-Bake)
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 granulated cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add shortening, sugar, and using a hand mixer mix until combined. Add in molasses and eggs and mix just until combined.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the extra 1/3 cup sugar to a bowl.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop roll batter into balls and roll into the sugar and place balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, let cool 2-3 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 11mgSodium 250mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.