Pumpkin crinkle cookies are soft and moist cookies with the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.
Fall is the prime baking season for all things cookies! With a hot cup of coffee or hot cider and I am set!
I love pumpkin recipes during the fall season, you can beat a soft delicious cookie. These pumpkin cookies have a soft cake-like texture and are so addicting hard to stop at just one.
Tips for making pumpkin crinkle cookies!
- The dough is soft, letting it rest for 10 minutes will help firm it up a bit.
- Use pumpkin puree, not pie filling.
- The balls don’t have to be perfect.
- It helps to use a cookie scoop to create the balls.
How to store pumpkin crinkle cookies
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
- 3-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Avalanche Cookies (No-Bake)
- Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookie
- Polar Bear Cookies
- M&M Cookie Bars
Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Rolling the cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line parchment paper or baking mats on baking sheets
- In a medium bowl add flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl add oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix just until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Let rest 10 minutes
- Place sugars for rolling in two separate shallow bowls.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or spoon. Scoop balls and place them into the granulated sugar. Roll until coated.
- Then roll in the confectioner's sugar until coated.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until puffy and cracked. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly and remove to a wire cooling rack.