This pumpkin roll cake is truly irresistible, deliciously moist with a heavenly cream cheese filling. A classic Fall dessert that everyone will love!
This pumpkin roll is always a huge hit for the holidays! Even the non-pumpkin lovers love this one, nobody can resist that sweet cream cheese filling?
It's not Fall without a pumpkin roll cake, this will become the new favorite that you make year after year. It's so good it will be gone in seconds!
Tips for making a pumpkin roll
- Make sure you get 100% pumpkin pie puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- A jelly roll pan is needed for the best results.
- Make sure you use parchment paper to roll your cake.
- You need to roll the cake right away. I let it cool for 2-3 minutes then I carefully roll it. It will be warm so be careful. Once you get it rolling you can use a small dishtowel if it's too hot.
- You must let the cake cool for 2 hours or else the frosting will just melt as it goes on
- Then once the cake is frosted chill for another hour, to firm it up for the perfect slice
- Dust the top with confectioners sugar for a beautiful finish
- You can use 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of using cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves like I used
- It's okay if it cracks a little while unrolling it.
How do I store a pumpkin roll?
Wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze a pumpkin roll?
Yes! A pumpkin roll can be frozen for at least a month. When ready to use, thaw for about an hour before cutting.
More Holiday recipes you'll love!
- Chipotle Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- Herb Crusted Rib Eye Roast
- Corn Pudding Casserole
- Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1-8ounce pkg cream cheese at room temp
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray a 10x15 jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray, and place your parchment paper on top. (Helps hold the paper in place when you pour the batter.)
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat sugar, and eggs until creamy. then add in pumpkin, and vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Using a spoon mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture until combined.
- Pour batter onto prepared parchment paper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Remove from oven and while the cake is hot (use a small dishtowel if it's too hot), grab the parchment paper the cake was baked on and start at the shorter end of the cake to slowly roll the cake up. Set the cake aside to cool completely for about 2 hours.
- Prepare filling in a medium bowl using a hand mixer beat softened cream cheese, sugar, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly unroll the cake, spread filling over the cake evenly. Re-roll cake from one end to the other (don’t roll the parchment paper this time.) Wrap cake in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and slice!
You can use 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
Make sure you get pumpkin pie puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
Amount Per Serving Calories 406Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 121mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.