This Apple Walnut Fritter Bread is insanely delicious loaded with apples and swirls of cinnamon.
This Apple Walnut Fritter Bread recipe is fantastic. It is packed with lots of swirls of cinnamon and slightly tart apples, topped with crunchy walnuts, and a sweet glaze drizzled over the top. And the aroma that fills your house with the cinnamon and apple's baking. I think you need to find a good excuse to make this soon!
I can't believe that Fall is here already, summer just flew by. But I do love having the cooler temps and open windows and the smell of apples and pumpkin baking in the house. This one is definitely a must-make.
How to make apple fritter walnut bread
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon until combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, mix the sugar and butter until combined then add eggs, milk, and vanilla and mix.
- Mix in the flour baking powder and salt
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line a sheet of parchment paper for easy removal.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the loaf pan followed by 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar than 1/2 of the diced apples, and repeat and top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl whisk powdered sugar and milk until combined.
- Let bread cool a bit and drizzle over top.
Items I used to make this recipe:
Make a couple extra of these for the freezer. Then just thaw in the refrigerator and drizzle icing on top before serving.
More apple dessert recipes you'll love
- Apple Pie Turnovers
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Cake
- Apple Spice Muffins
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Slow Cooker Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith Apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray. Place a rectangle piece of parchment paper in the loaf pan that hangs over the sides.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time just until blended, add vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together, then add to wet mixture and whisk just until blended. Whisk in milk just until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf pan. Add half of the brown sugar mixture then half of the apples, gently pat into the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter into the loaf pan spreading gently with a spatula, followed by the remaining apples, walnuts, and remaining brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze- Whisk powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl until combined.
- Let cool for 15 minutes on a baking rack. Use the parchment paper to pull the loaf right out, drizzle with glaze.
You can use whatever type of apples you like, I use Granny Smith. But Honeycrisp or Gala would also be great choices.
The parchment paper helps to remove the bread from the loaf pan easily.
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 78mgSodium 360mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 2gSugar 38gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.