Chocolate chip muffins are super moist and loaded with chocolate chips with a sprinkle of coarse sugar on top!
If you love muffins as much as I do, then your going to love these chocolate chip muffins. They turn out super moist from the sour cream and buttermilk, and are loaded with chocolate chips in every bite. Perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
I love to use my ice cream scoop to fill muffin cups. it always does a perfect job. I prefer to use mini chocolate chips, but if you have regular then they work just as well.
These chocolate chip muffins are simple and delicious. Your family is going to go crazy for them!
I’m so glad to be sharing this recipe with you. If you try them let me know in the comments how you like them 🙂
Looking for more yummy baked recipes?
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Apple Walnut Fritter Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- [url:1]Coarse sugar[/url] for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, sour cream and buttermilk until combined.
- Add in the dry mixture and mix until combined. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill your muffin tins to the very top, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top and a pinch of coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake another 10-12 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool, store in an airtight container for 3 days
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 57mgSodium 328mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.