Cream cheese banana bread recipe is moist and loaded with banana flavor. Uses simple ingredients and is impossible to resist, perfect for snack or dessert with a tall glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here
This easy banana bread recipe is a no-fail favorite in our house, comes out moist and so delicious every time. Some of my favorite quick bread recipes are Apple Walnut Fritter Bread or my Pineapple Zucchini Bread or my Starbucks Copycat Banana Bread for another moist banana bread recipe.
Why this recipe works
Banana bread is such a delicious treat. The cream cheese makes it so moist with a creamy texture like my Blueberry Banana Cream Cheese Bread. The best thing about this recipe is that it goes from bowl to oven in minutes, and it makes two loaves one to enjoy now and one for the freezer!
- Cream Cheese-Use full fat cream cheese and make sure its room temperature.
- Butter- Both salted or unsalted will work, also needs to be room temperature.
- Bananas-For the best bananas use ones that have brown spots. You'll need about 3-4 to get enough banana for a cup and a half of mashed.
- Walnuts-Pecans can also be used or leave them out all together.
How to make this recipe
Step 1-In a large bowl and using an electric mixer on medium speed blend the cream cheese and butter until combined.
Step 2-Beat in the eggs and vanilla into the cream cheese filling just until combined.
Step 3- In another small bowl whisk the dry ingredients together.
Step 4-Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend just until combined.
Step 5- Using a rubber spatula fold in the mashed bananas and chopped walnuts just until combined. The cream cheese banana bread batter with be thick.
Step 6- Place two pieces of parchment paper into the sprayed prepared loaf pan.
Step 7- Divide the wet mixture amongst the two loaf pans and sprinkle the top with more walnuts.
Step 8- Bake on the center rack.
- To quickly get cream cheese to room temperature unwrap the foil and place it in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Use overripe bananas the browner the sweeter they are.
- Add in some mini chocolate chips for a fun twist.
- Mix the batter just until combined, do not overmix or you banana bread will be tough.
- Oven temperatures can vary a bit so make sure you check it within 10 minutes of being done, by inserting a toothpick into the center..
Yes, if your bananas are getting too ripe and you dont have time to bake. I just put the banana peel and all in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze until I'm ready to make delicious banana bread. Just let them thaw before mashing them up.
Yes, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each cup about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
They get their name because they are relatively quick to make. Baking powder or baking soda is used as the leveling agent and they require no kneading and can be both savory and sweet.
Yes, I love to freeze loaf bread. The best way is to let it cool completely and wrap it in a piece of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 12 tablespoons. butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 large bananas)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray two 8x5 loaf pans with cooking spray and place a piece of parchment paper inside.
- in a large bowl beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating just until blended after each addition.
- in a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Fold in bananas, and walnuts, just until combined. Spoon batter into two 8x5 loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean and the sides pull away from the pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
To quickly get the cream cheese to room temperature unwrap the foil and place it in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Use overripe bananas the browner the sweeter they are.
Mix the batter just until combined, do not overmix or your banana bread will be tough.
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 48mgSodium 205mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.