This Double Chocolate Banana Cake is super moist and an absolute chocolate lovers dream!
This Double Chocolate Banana Cake was a big thumbs up for my family, even my hubby loved it and he’s not a huge fan of chocolate. This cake has the perfect amount of chocolate without being to sweet. Comes out moist and fudgy every time, perfect served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I always seem to have left over bananas that get to ripe, so I am always making banana bread. The addition of cocoa and chocolate chips gives it the extra richness and applesauce makes it super moist without adding any oil.
Combining chocolate and bananas into one delicious cake is pure heaven. Doesn’t even need any frosting. Looking for another quick and easy dessert that comes together fast check out my Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake.
This recipe uses an 8×8 cake pan, if I happen to have a lot of ripe bananas I will double the batch and freeze the second one.
I usually sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top, more for a visual appearance but the choice it up to you.
This cake is simply mouthwatering! Look at that fudgy goodness, you have got to give this one a try.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use semi sweet)
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips optional
- Powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add bananas and mash, then add brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- In another medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Check center with a toothpick to determine doneness.
- Cool slightly, and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving if desired
Amount Per Serving Calories 505Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 410mgCarbohydrates 100gFiber 6gSugar 70gProtein 7g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.