Pineapple zucchini bread is a moist and flavorful bread with a hint of the tropical taste of pineapple and a great way to use up any extra garden zucchini you have. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Pineapple zucchini bread is one of my all-time favorite ways to use up that garden zucchini.
Let's take a look at the ingredients
- All-Purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Crushed pineapple
- Powdered sugar
How to make pineapple zucchini muffins
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet and dry ingredients together and fold in the shredded zucchini and crushed pineapple.
- Pour the batter into two loaf pans.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and pineapple juice together.
- Drizzle over top of cooled bread.
- No need to peel the zucchini first.
- Grate the zucchini with a box grater.
- Don't overmix the batter, stir just until combined and gently fold in the pineapple and zucchini.
- Divide the batter evenly between pans.
Can I use fresh pineapple?
Yes, this freezes like a dream! I always make a few extra loaves to have on hand.
Can I freeze pineapple zucchini bread?
Yes, this freezes like a dream! I always make a few extra loaves to have on hand. Cool the loves completely and wrap each one in plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add the fresh glaze right before serving.
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini (2 medium zucchini)
- 1-8.5 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (Save the juice)
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray (or line with parchment paper) two metal 8x4inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pudding cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and mix just until combined.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, oil, sugars, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Fold in the crushed pineapple and zucchini until combined.
- Divide the batter and pour into the two prepared pans. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool and remove from the pans.
For the glaze!
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and pineapple juice until combined.
- Drizzle over the top of the zucchini bread
To make buttermilk- Add 1 tablespoon white vinegar to 1 cup milk. Let set 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 35mgSodium 349mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.