Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a moist bread and with a hint of the tropical taste of pineapple and a perfect way to use up any extra garden zucchini you have.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Pineapple zucchini bread recipe is one of my all-time favorite ways to use up that extra zucchini from the vegetable garden. Such a bright treat with incredible flavor that you can enjoy for breakfast, dessert or a quick snack.
Why this recipe works
Using simple ingredients and perfect for the freezer so you always have a delicious dessert like this Orange Loaf Cake! Grated zucchini added into the spice cake batter makes super moist zucchini bread. I have a couple of easy zucchini bread recipes like my Lemon Zucchini Bread and Chocolate Zucchini Bread always gets rave reviews!
- All: Purpose flour
- Sugars: this recipe uses both brown sugar and white sugar.
- Vanilla Instant Pudding: You want instant pudding do not get cook and serve.
- Oil: your can use vegetable oil or canola oil
- Zucchini: No need to peel the zucchini before grating.
- Crushed pineapple: make sure you drain it well.
- Powdered sugar: also know as confectioners sugar
How to make this recipe
Step 1: Whisk all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Whisk all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
Step 3: Fold in the pineapple and shredded zucchini.
Step 4: Pour into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
Step 5: Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together.
Step 6: Drizzle over the top of the zucchini pineapple bread.
- No need to peel the zucchini first.
- Grate the fresh zucchini with a box grater, its much easier..
- Don't over mix the batter, stir just until combined and gently fold in the pineapple and zucchini.
- Divide the batter evenly between pans.
- Place a piece of parchment paper inside the loaf pan for easy removal.
- Add in some chopped pecans or chopped walnuts.
Yes, you can, just be sure to chop it into extra small pieces. Place any leftovers in a ziplock freezer bag.
Yes, I just recommend freezing it without the icing. Let the loaf cool on a wire rack and then wrap in plastic wrap, followed by a sheet of aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. thaw overnight in the refrigerator then drizzle on the icing.
Yes, fill a muffin tin with liners, and using an ice cream scoop or spoon fill the liners about 2/3 of the way full with the zucchini mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
More zucchini recipes you'll love
Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini 2 medium zucchini
- 1-8.5 ounce can crushed pineapple drained (Save the juice)
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- Place the oven rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray (or line with parchment paper) two metal 8x4inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pudding cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and mix just until combined.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, oil, sugars, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Fold in the crushed pineapple and zucchini until combined.
- Divide the batter and pour into the two prepared pans. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool and remove from the pans.
- For the glaze!
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and pineapple juice until combined.
- Drizzle over the top of the zucchini bread