Creamy cheesy beef and shells is a hearty pasta dish the whole family will love!
This easy weeknight dish comes together in under 30 minutes. Is loaded with tender pasta, ground beef, tomato, and lots of cheese and approved by all.
This comfort food will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Something so comforting about a bowl of creamy cheesy beef and pasta.
Tips for making creamy, cheesy beef, and shells.
- If you use leaner ground beef you won't have to drain any fat after it cooks.
- I use shell pasta, but you can use any pasta you have in your pantry.
- This serves 4, but it can easily be doubled for a larger family, and delicious leftovers throught the week.
- I recommend cooking the pasta al dente. It will cook a tad bit more once mixed into the sauce.
- The sauce will thicken up after it cools.
More easy dinner recipes!
- Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
Creamy Beef and Shells
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Sat and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese about 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh chopped parsley
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta al dente according to the package directions.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and onions and cook until browned. Drain fat if needed and add in the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Remove the beef and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt, add in the flour and whisk for a minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in Italian seasoning, paprika, mustard powder and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and add in cooked pasta and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese and let melt. (If you put a lid or cover on the skillet it will melt much faster.)
- Sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley if desired. Serve!