Grilled French Bread Pizza is a easy weeknight meal that everyone will devour!
Don’t let summer go by without making a fire grilled french bread pizza. It is absolutely fantastic on the grill and a great way to beat the Summer heat. With just a few ingredients and about 30 minutes dinner will be on the table. Plus it’s totally customizable to everybody’s liking and such a fun dinner for the kiddos to help with.
French bread pizza is much easier to make than regular pizza. Why deal with making your own dough, when you can whip this up in about 30 minutes paired with a crispy salad and you have a hearty meal. These are also a perfect make ahead freezer meal, or to throw on the grill when your camping.
How to make Grilled French Bread Pizza
- Slice a large loaf of french bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread pizza sauce generously on both halves.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on both halves, add your favorite toppings.
- Place on a sheet on foil and tuck it around the sides.
- Heat grill on medium low heat, grill over indirect heat until cheese is melted
Looking for more delicious grilling recipes?
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Hot Dogs
- Grilled Tri Tip with Onions and Peppers
- Grilled Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad
My family is definitely a lover of all things pizza. I mean how can you not love everything about it? You can dump just about anything on top of bread and call it a pizza, just let your imagination run wild.
- 1 loaf soft french bread
- 2 cups of pizza sauce
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pkg pepperoni
- 2 cups cooked Italian sausage
- 1 cup olives sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- Fresh basil chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to lowest flame
- Cut your french bread in half lengthwise, spread the pizza sauce evenly over the french bread. sprinkle fresh garlic over sauce and then sprinkle cheese. Add the pepperoni, sausage, olives, peppers and onions.
- Place each half french bread onto a large piece of foil and loosely wrap around edges.
- Grill over indirect heat for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. (keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn).
- Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese
- **To Bake- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1243 Total Fat 65g Saturated Fat 28g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 36g Cholesterol 150mg Sodium 3145mg Carbohydrates 96g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 7g Sugar 18g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 69g