This Lemon Garlic Herb Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is so simple and a proven crowd pleaser!
This lemon Garlic Herb Roasted Chicken and potatoes is a winner of a chicken dinner in my book! Perfect for a weeknight meal or Sunday Supper. Once you make this easy one-pot dish you will make it over and over again!
You can make this recipe in many different ways. I like to use my Cast Iron Dutch Oven but you could use a roasting pan if you want. I am a huge lover of Herbes de Provence the flavors are just fantastic with poultry. But you could easily substitute it out for some Rosemary and thyme. I like to cook the potatoes about 40 minutes ahead of the chicken to make sure they are soft and delicious.
The lemon adds so much freshness to this dish.
I love one-pot meals! I seriously hate doing dishes, so whenever I make a one-pot meal just totally makes my night. My Beef Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine is another one-pot meal that doesn't disappoint.
I have gotta say I love the potatoes and carrots just as much as the chicken. All the juices from the chicken soak into the potatoes. Plus those ever so deliciously sweet carrots and onions...YUM!!
- 5 bone in chicken thighs
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1 1/2 chunks
- 5 carrots peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 3 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
Garlic herb Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon herb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, olive oil, Herbes de Provence salt, and pepper in a dutch oven and mix until combined. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl melt butter and garlic for about 30 seconds mix in Herbes de Provence and salt and pepper.
- While the potatoes are cooking, Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and brush butter mixture on, making sure you get some under the skin.
- Remove dutch oven and place chicken thighs on the potatoes, pour any leftover butter over the potatoes, and add the lemon slices. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 164 degrees. If the skin isn't crispy enough place under broiler for 3-5 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove the dutch oven and let rest 5-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley
Thyme and rosemary can be used instead of Herbes de Provence
Make sure all the chicken thighs are close to the same size for even cooking.
Amount Per Serving Calories 631Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 191mgSodium 1408mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.