This Cast Iron Skillet Pizza is one of my new favorite recipes. I could eat pizza every single day and never complain. Perfectly crispy crust from the super-hot cast iron pan. This pizza is so insanely delicious and will seriously change your life. It’s definitely a winner in our home.
Here’s a little trick to reheat leftover pizza perfectly. Put a couple of slices in the skillet, heat on low put a lid over it. In about 5 minutes you’ll have perfectly crispy, gooey pizza like it was just baked.
This pizza crust comes out light and fluffy with a perfectly crispy crust. The cornmeal gives it the best texture with every bite.
Do I need to use a cast iron Pan?
A cast iron pan gets super hot which is ideal for an amazing pizza crust. That being said you can make this recipe on a regular pizza pan. Make a double batch of the dough and freeze it for a busy weeknight meal.
I prefer a thicker sauce, but if you like yours a little thinner, just add a little more water to the sauce to thin it out. Whenever I have extra sauce leftover I just pop it in the freezer. You can also just use your favorite jarred pizza sauce if you have one.
Some of my favorite toppings
Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup warm water plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoon quick-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 12-14 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 lb cooked Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green peppers
- grated parmesan cheese optional
- In a large bowl, pour the warm water and the yeast and whisk together. add the salt, olive oil, , melted butter, sugar, and 2 tablespoons cornmeal whisk until combined. Mix in 2 cups flour, add in the rest of the flour, and knead with hands until you have a smooth ball.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, let the dough rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour over a smooth surface. Roll dough into a large 15" circle
- Warm the skillet on a burner for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal on to the warm skillet.
- Lay the dough in the skillet pressing the dough against the sides. Fold down the dough to form a rim.
- For the sauce
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients together and mix until combined. Add more water for a thinner sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Layer your pizza with sauce, cheese, salami, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives, and peppers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over crust edges.
- Bake @ 425 25-30 minutes
If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, any oven-safe skillet or sheet pan will work.
You can use your favorite store-bought pizza sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 792Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 94mgSodium 1945mgCarbohydrates 77gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 31g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.