This Cast Iron Skillet Pizza is one of my new favorite recipes. I could eat pizza every single day and never complain. Perfectly crispy crust from the super hot cast iron pan. This pizza is so insanely delicious and will seriously change your life. It’s definitely a winner in our home, I’m excited to hear what you all think!
I seriously love cooking with a cast iron skillet and this pizza comes out perfectly in it, but you could also use a cake pan or spring foam pan.
No need for some fancy baking stone all you need is the trustworthy cast iron skillet. It gets super hot which makes that amazing crust. Make a double batch of the dough and freeze it for busy weeknight meal.
I prefer a thicker sauce, but if you like yours a little wetter, just add a little more water to the sauce to thin it out. I always have extra sauce left over, but my family likes to dip the crust in a little sauce so it never goes to waste. It also freezes wonderfully.
If your skillet is well seasoned no need to do anything to it. But if its not well seasoned then add 1 teaspoon olive oil in the skillet to keep the crust from sticking.
If your looking for something a little lighter but still a filling meal check out my Garlic Roasted Tomato and Spinach Flatbread.
Here’s a little trick to reheat left over pizza perfectly. Put a couple slices in the skillet, heat on low put a lid over it. In about 5 minutes you’ll have perfectly crispy, gooey pizza like it was just baked.
- 1 cup warm water plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoon quick-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 8-10 slices salami
- 12-14 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 lb cooked Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green peppers
- grated parmesan cheese optional
- In a large bowl, pour the warm water and the yeast and whisk together. add the salt, olive oil, , melted butter, sugar and cornmeal whisk until combined. Mix in 2 cups flour, add in the rest of the flour and knead with hands until you have a smooth ball.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, let dough rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Rub 1 teaspoon olive oil on 12" or 14" skillet to ensure the dough doesn't stick
- Sprinkle some flour over a smooth surface. Roll dough into a large 15" circle Lay the dough in the skillet pressing the dough against the sides. Fold down the dough to form a rim.
- For the sauce
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients together and mix until combined. Add more water for a wetter sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Layer your pizza with sauce, cheese, salami, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives, and peppers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over crust edges.
- Bake @ 425 25-30 minutes
If you don't have a cast iron skillet, any oven safe skillet or sheet pan will work.
Amount Per Serving Calories 792Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 94mgSodium 1945mgCarbohydrates 77gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 31g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.