Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Sticks are loaded with pepperoni, cheese and wrapped in tender dough. All the flavor of pizza without all the work.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
These pepperoni pizza sticks come together in a flash. Perfect to cure that pizza craving without all the work, and always a huge hit with both kids and adults! Or you can try my Cast Iron Pizza for the full pizza experience!
Why this recipe works
Stuffed breadsticks are delicious because they combine the classic flavors of pizza in a fun way. The breadsticks are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a delicious filling of mozzarella cheese, savory meats, and zesty pizza sauce to dip in.
- Pizza crust: Prepackaged from the grocery store or homemade.
- String cheese: Either whole milk or part skim milk cheese is fine.
- Parmesan cheese: I like to use freshly grated from the deli.
- Pepperoni: Any brand is fine.
How to make this recipe
- Step 1: Spread the dough out.
- Step 2: Cut into 8 equal rectangles.
- Step 3: Place pepperoni slices and string cheese.
- Step 4: Roll up the dough and pinch the seams.
- Step 5: Brush the garlic butter over the top.
- Step 6: Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the top.
- Step 7: Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Step 8: Bake!
- I use store-bought pizza dough. But if you have a favorite dough recipe, go for it!
- Make sure you roll and pinch the dough well, to prevent the inside from oozing out.
- A sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top gives the pizza stick the perfect crust-like texture.
- Use your favorite pizza or marinara sauce for dipping.
- These make great party food, with very little prep.
- Not a fan of pepperoni? Just leave it out.
You can certainly just leave the meat out altogether and just have cheesy stuffed pizza sticks or give these a try.
BBQ chicken pizza sticks: Toss diced cooked chicken in your favorite BBQ sauce and stuff it into the breadsticks along with some shredded cheese.
Philly cheesesteak pizza sticks: Fill the breadsticks with sautéed thinly sliced beef, caramelized onions, and bell peppers, along with some provolone cheese and a drizzle of cheese sauce.
Buffalo chicken pizza sticks: Toss diced cooked chicken in buffalo sauce and stuff it into the breadsticks along with some shredded cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Yes, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then place them in a large ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw then bake as directed.
Of course! Preheat the air fryer. Air fry at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Don't overcrowd the basket.
Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
- 1 store bought pizza crust tube
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 40 pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- Pizza sauce (for dipping optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread pizza dough out onto parchment paper. Cut pizza dough into 8 equal rectangles.
- Lay 5 slices of pepperoni on each rectangle. Top each with a stick of string cheese.
- Roll up the dough, making sure to pinch each seam tightly. Place on baking sheet seam side down.
- Melt butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. brush the pizza sticks with butter. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a side of pizza sauce.