Homemade chocolate pudding is rich and creamy and super easy to whip up.
Makes a perfect after-school snack or decadent dessert. Ditch the box next time and make this Homemade Chocolate Pudding! You are going to love this easy recipe like my Homemade Banana Pudding!
Homemade pudding is simple and oh so addictive, perfect for those chocolate cravings. From family night desserts to special occasions, this will be your new go-to recipe. You can also check out my Rich and Creamy Chocolate Pie it's another one of my family's favorites!
I usually pour the pudding into four individual ramekin dishes. You can easily make six smaller portions instead. If you usually make your pudding from the box or buy those pudding cups. No need to do that anymore.
Covering the pudding with plastic wrap helps ensure that it doesn't get that layer of skin over the top.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate finely chopped
- Whipped cream strawberries, mini chocolate chips for garnish if desired
- In a sauce pan add sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Whisk together until combined
- Bring temperature to medium high, add milk whisking constantly, until a low boil. (You should see large bubbles forming at the top.) continue to simmer on low while whisking about 1 minute
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, vanilla and semi sweet chocolate until combined
- Pour into containers, cover and refrigerate until set
- Serve with whipped cream, garnish with strawberries and mini chocolate chips if desired