These Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Oreos are a Holiday favorite that comes together quickly, and is perfect for gift giving.
If you need a quick no-bake festive treat for the Holidays, you need to give these a try. These Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Oreos require only a few ingredients and make a festive looking treat.
Everyone loves chocolate and peppermint this time of year. Perfect for cookie exchanges, gifts for the kids teachers or an elegant party platter. I promise they’ll be loved by all who receive these as gifts. I mean who doesn’t love Oreos?
How to make Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Oreos
- Place you peppermint candies into a ziplock baggie and using a rolling pin or mallet crush them into tiny pieces.
- Melt your chocolate with the coconut oil or shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Mix in your peppermint extract if your adding it.
- Toss in a cookie, scoop it up with your fork, tap it on the side to remove any excess chocolate and place on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle your peppermint pieces on top, let dry until set.
- 1 package Oreo Thins
- 16 ounces of white melting chocolate (I use Wiltons)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes or peppermints
- parchment paper
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place candy canes or mints into a ziplock baggie and smash the candy until crumbly.
- In a small bowl add the melting chocolate and oil, and melt in microwave for 1 minutes, stir and melt for 30 second increments after that until melted.
- Drop a cookie into the chocolate and using a fork pull the cookie out and place on parchment paper to dry.
- Sprinkle a few candy cane crumbles in the center of each cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 75 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 11mg Carbohydrates 8g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 7g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g