These Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Oreos are a Holiday favorite that comes together quickly and is perfect for gift giving.
If you need a quick no-bake festive treat for the Holidays, you need to give these a try. These Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Oreos require only a few ingredients and make a festive-looking treat.
Everyone loves chocolate and peppermint this time of year. Perfect for cookie exchanges, gifts for the kid's teachers, or an elegant party platter. I promise they'll be loved by all who receive these as gifts. I mean who doesn't love Oreos?
How to make Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Oreos
- Place your peppermint candies into a ziplock baggie and using a rolling pin or mallet crush them into tiny pieces.
- Melt your chocolate with the coconut oil or shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix in your peppermint extract if you're adding it.
- Toss in a cookie, scoop it up with your fork, tap it on the side to remove any excess chocolate, and place it on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle your peppermint pieces on top, and let dry until set.
Oreo Peppermint Cookies
- 1 package Oreo Thins
- 16 ounces of white melting chocolate I use Wiltons
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes or peppermints
- parchment paper
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Place candy canes or mints into a ziplock baggie and smash the candy until crumbly.
- In a small bowl add the melting chocolate and oil, and melt in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and melt for 30-second increments after that until melted.
- Drop a cookie into the chocolate and using a fork pull the cookie out and place it on parchment paper to dry.
- Sprinkle a few candy cane crumbles in the center of each cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.