Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are super moist, loaded with bananas and bites of chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a dessert.
This post is sponsored by Sweet’N Low®, America’s favorite pink zero-calorie sweetener. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Butter Your Biscuit possible.
Holiday traditions have never been sweeter! This holiday season I wanted to recreate one of my favorite family recipes with Sweet’N Low®. Growing up, these banana chocolate chip muffins were a staple in my grandmas house. It was something I looked forward to every time we visited, right alongside her Chocolate Wafer Ice Box Cake.
Using Sweet’N Low® in this recipe helped reduce the amount of sugar and calories without sacrificing any of the flavor since one packet of Sweet’N Low® is as sweet as two teaspoons of sugar. Honestly, I’ve made these for my family many times, and you can’t even tell the sugar has been reduced.
How should I use Sweet’N Low?
- Both the Sweet’N Low® 8oz bulk box and packets can be used in cooking and baking.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 packets Sweet'N Low® or 1 1/5 teaspoon Sweet'N Low® 8oz bulk box
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (Plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tray with paper cups or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in the Greek yogurt and melted butter until combined.
- Whisk in the flour, granulated sugar, Sweet'N Low, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the cups 3/4 full of batter. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
You can substitute 1 cup regular chocolate chips if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 184 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 29mg Sodium 179mg Carbohydrates 26g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g