Homemade Magic Shell is easy and incredibly delicious. The perfect topper to any ice cream!
Ice cream season is here…This Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping is that amazing topping that hardens into a candy shell when its drizzled over ice cream. This recipe only takes two ingredients…yep you heard that right just two.
What is it about this stuff? This is a huge childhood favorite of mine. Just two ingredients…. chocolate and coconut oil melted together and you have magic in seconds! I was always so fascinated at the fact that it was a liquid and when poured over ice cream became the hard crunchy topping in a matter of minutes.
Your kids will thank you this summer, and I’m not gonna lie I still enjoy a little Magic Shell on my ice cream. Actually while shooting these photos, nobody was around to consume this masterpiece and I couldn’t let it go to waste. So I had to step up to the plate and take one for the team. Ha! But thankfully my son was home when I took the other photos
How to make Homemade Magic Shell
- In a small bowl melt chocolate and coconut oil in 30 second increments until melted.
- Store in a sealed container at room temp.
- If the magic shell becomes to think to stir. Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
I was so surprised to find out how easy it is to make at home. I wish I would of had this recipe around when my kiddos were little, because we always had Magic Shell in the cupboard. But I guess better late than never and now I get to pass this great recipe on to you my friends….so enjoy!
You can even drizzle this over ice cream cones. Or give it a try on my No Churn Caramel Chunk Ice Cream.
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt optional
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring until completely melted.
- Pour it over ice cream and watch the magic happen
- **You can store any unused chocolate in a sealed container at room temperature. If it firms up to much just put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and stir and it should be ready to go.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 211 Saturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 20mg Carbohydrates 21g Fiber 1g Sugar 19g Protein 1g