Magic shell topping is one of my favorite summer treats!
Get ready for ice cream season…This Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping is that amazing topping that hardens into a candy shell when its drizzled over ice cream. This recipe only takes two ingredients…yep you heard that right just two.
What is it about this stuff? This is a huge childhood favorite of mine. Just two ingredients…. chocolate and coconut oil melted together and you have magic in seconds! I was always so fascinated at the fact that it was a liquid and when poured over ice cream became the hard crunchy topping in a matter of minutes.
Your kids will thank you this summer, and I’m not gonna lie I still enjoy a little Magic Shell on my ice cream. Actually while shooting these photos, nobody was around to consume this masterpiece and I couldn’t let it go to waste. So I had to step up to the plate and take one for the team. Ha! But thankfully my son was home when I took the other photos
I was so surprised to find out how easy it is to make at home. I wish I would of had this recipe around when my kiddos were little, because we always had Magic Shell in the cupboard. But I guess better late than never and now I get to pass this great recipe on to you my friends….so enjoy!
My personal favorite…with a little crunched Butterfinger on top! Wanting to make your own ice Cream check out my No Churn Caramel Chocolate Chunk Ice cream super easy and no need for an ice cream maker!
- 1 cup Chocolate chips (I use dark)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt optional
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring until completely melted.
- Pour it over ice cream and watch the magic happen
- **You can store any unused chocolate in a sealed container at room temperature. If it firms up to much just put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and stir and it should be ready to go.