Parmesan potato wedges are an easy side dish that will impress everyone!
Turn ordinary potatoes into crispy homemade wedges. Super crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. What more could you ask for?
Everyone will love these parmesan potato wedges, they come out perfect every time! Just as delicious as fried but without all those extra calories.
What dipping sauces go best with potato wedges?
Ketchup seems to always be the most popular. But I’ve enjoyed these wedges with bbq sauce, ranch dipping sauce, chipotle mayo dipping sauce just to name a few.
Tips for making potato wedges
- Slice potatoes into wedges of the same size. So they bake evenly.
- Arrange the potatoes evenly on the sheet pan making sure they lay flat.
- Flip half way through to crisp up the other side.
- Line the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking and easy clean up.
- Don’t crowd the wedges on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and more grated parmesan for garnish.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
What do these wedges go with?
- Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
- Turkey French Dip Sandwich
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Hotdogs
- Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno PepperJack Chicken Burger
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan, divided
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees line a sheet tray with parchment paper
- Wash potatoes and pat dry (I leave the skin on)
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut in half lengthwise again. Then cut each quarter in half again at an angle to make wedges. You'll end up with 8 wedges per potato.
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl of cold water. Let soak for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, mix until combined.
- Drain water from potatoes and pat dry. place back in the bowl and pour oil mixture over the potatoes and toss until coated.
- Lay potato wedges on the parchment paper, and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top of the wedges. Saving a pinch to garnish with if desired.
- Bake for 40 minutes flipping about half way through baking time. Or until golden and crisp.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, sprinkle of parmesan cheese and your favorite sauce.
Store any leftovers in sealed container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven until heated through and crispy.
You can line a tray with foil if desired just spray it with non stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 334 Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 2010mg Carbohydrates 39g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Protein 11g