This Spiced Rum Cake is made from scratch! And is sure to be the topper to any special occasion!
Words can’t even describe how delicious this spiced rum cake is. It is without a doubt my most requested dessert.
This cake is super, super moist. Soaked in a butter rum syrup…YUM! It is even better if you serve it the next day.
How to make Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cornstarch, pudding and salt
- Using an electric mixer add sugar and softened butter to a medium bowl. Mix until fluffy, then add in eggs, milk, oil, spiced rum and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and beat on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- When the cake is almost done heat a medium saucepan on medium low and melt butter. Once melted add sugar and water, whisk and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the spiced rum and salt and whisk
- Turn the heat back to LOW and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately pour 1/2 the glaze over the cake. Let set 5 minutes to fully soak in.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter. Using a fork or skewer poke several holes. Don’t be shy this is how the glaze will soak in.
- Slowly drizzle the warm glaze over the holes. If you go to fast to much glaze will run off and puddle at the bottom.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top right before serving.
This cake is always a huge hit! But here’s some more dessert recipes!
- Classic Carrot Cake
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wafer IceBox Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
Serve this Spiced Rum Cake this Holiday season and watch how quickly it disappears.
For the Rum Glaze
For the Rum Glaze
Serving Size 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1447Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 157mgSodium 928mgCarbohydrates 237gFiber 5gSugar 86gProtein 24g