This chocolate mayonnaise cake is going to blow your mind! Super moist and rich in flavor.
This is an easy cake to make from scratch. It only takes a few ingredients that you more than likely have in your pantry already.
When you want a decadent easy chocolate cake to make for family and friends this is your cake! Another delicious choice would be my Strawberry Roll Cake.
Tips for making chocolate mayonnaise cake
- Use full-fat mayonnaise it produces the moistest cake.
- Don’t over-mix the batter.
- Do not over-bake your cake, once a toothpick comes out clean its done!
Why add mayonnaise to a cake?
Mayonnaise is basically eggs and oil. Mayonnaise will boost the moisture level in a cake when added to the batter. And don’t worry you can't taste any mayonnaise.
How to store a chocolate mayonnaise cake.
As with any cake make sure it's airtight to retain moistness and freshness. If you make the ganache frosting store up to 3 days at room temp or 1 week in the refrigerator.
More easy cake recipes!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise Hellmans or Best Foods
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Almond slices optional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat sugar and eggs until combined. Add in mayonnaise, water, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool before frosting.
- Heat heavy whipping cream in a medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Once it starts to simmer (about 3-4 minutes) turn off the heat and add chocolate chips and whisk until melted. Add in the butter and whisk until melted.
- Let frosting cool completely, then using the hand mixer, mix the frosting until fluffy.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Frost and enjoy!