This carrot cake is moist, dense and flavorful! Topped with the most amazing cream cheese frosting.
This is my husbands most requested cake! Delicious spices of cinnamon and nutmeg, and with tons of cream cheese frosting in between each layer
How to make carrot cake!
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients. Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Fold in shredded carrots and pecans.
- Generously butter and flour three 9-inch baking pans, divide the batter into the pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in powdered sugar a little at a time and mix.
- Frost one cake layer then place another on top and repeat until the cake is frosted.
- Garnish with more chopped pecans if desired.
I love cream cheese frosting, not gonna lie I’m the only one that is allowed to lick the bowl…so good!
I usually make this cake ahead of time and wrap the layers in saran wrap and either freeze it or refrigerate it for a couple days. Something about putting it in the refrigerator makes it super moist and easy to frost.
This carrot cake has three delicious layers, it has the perfect ratio of frosting to cake. These are the pans I use, I love them!
If you love this carrot cake then I think you will also love these!
- Chocolate Bundt cake with Ganache Glaze
- Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
- Sour Cream Crumb Cake
- Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake
Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1147Total Fat 60gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 44gCholesterol 127mgSodium 686mgCarbohydrates 145gFiber 5gSugar 92gProtein 12g