This carrot cake is moist, dense and flavorful! Topped with the most amazing cream cheese frosting.
This is my husbands most requested cake! Delicious spices of cinnamon and nutmeg, and with tons of cream cheese frosting in between each layer
How to make carrot cake!
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients. Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined. Fold in shredded carrots and pecans.
- Generously butter and flour three 9-inch baking pans, divide the batter into the pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in powdered sugar a little at a time and mix.
- Frost one cake layer then place another on top and repeat until the cake is frosted.
- Garnish with more chopped pecans if desired.
I love cream cheese frosting, not gonna lie I’m the only one that is allowed to lick the bowl…so good!
I usually make this cake ahead of time and wrap the layers in saran wrap and either freeze it or refrigerate it for a couple days. Something about putting it in the refrigerator makes it super moist and easy to frost.
This carrot cake has three delicious layers, it has the perfect ratio of frosting to cake. These are the pans I use, I love them!
If you love this carrot cake then I think you will also love these!
- Chocolate Bundt cake with Ganache Glaze
- Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
- Sour Cream Crumb Cake
- Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1.2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cups chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously butter and flour bottom and sides of all three baking pans.
- In a large bowl mix sugars, and oil until combined. Add in eggs and mix just until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda baking and powder, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and nutmeg
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in carrots and pecans
- Divide cake mix into the three 8 inch round cake pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- In a large bowl add softened cream cheese and butter. Using an electric hand mixer, mix until light and fluffy. Add in sifted powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time and mix until incorporated. Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Place one of the cake layers on a cake stand or platter and top with about 3/4 - 1 cup frosting. Smooth it out and place another cake layer on top and repeat.
Serving Size8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 765Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 29gCholesterol 85mgSodium 457mgCarbohydrates 97gFiber 3gSugar 61gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.