Seriously, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts with Rice Pilaf recipe. The combination of herbs, garlic and lemon just makes my mouth water. This is a very simple and gorgeous meal that is fantastic for entertaining, or just a weeknight meal.
I am a lover of all things lemon, and these lemon herb chicken breasts are so amazing. I absolutely love rice pilaf, I would choose that over potatoes any day. The herbs and zest of the lemon just makes every bite incredible. Also makes great sandwiches the next day…
I used chicken breasts but it would also be fantastic with chicken thighs. You have to give this a try, I promise you won’t regret it! This an easy dinner that your whole family will enjoy and you’ll love how easy it is to prepare!
We make chicken quite frequently in out home, such a versatile protein. If you’re looking for another quick and easy meal, check out my Easy Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken!
- Lemon Herb Chicken
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Rice Pilaf
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- ½ onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ bunch fresh thyme
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place chicken on a baking sheet
- Mix melted butter, garlic, herbs, lemon zest and juice. Brush on chicken breasts.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear
- In a deep skillet with a lid melt butter add rice, orzo, onions and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes or until orzo starts to brown just a bit. Add garlic, thyme and cook for another minutes or until fragrant. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat let stand 10 minutes fluff with fork and add fresh parsley.