Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts with Rice Pilaf is one dinner the whole family will love.
Seriously, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts with Rice Pilaf recipe. The combination of herbs, garlic, and lemon just makes my mouth water. This is a very simple and gorgeous meal that is fantastic for entertaining or just a weeknight meal.
I am a lover of all things lemon, and these lemon herb chicken breasts are so amazing. I absolutely love rice pilaf, I would choose that over potatoes any day. The herbs and zest of the lemon just make every bite incredible. Also makes great sandwiches the next day...
Tips for making rice pilaf!
- Use long-grain rice like jasmine rice.
- Use chicken or vegetable stock.
- Make sure the stove is set at medium-low.
- Don't lift the lid to peek.
I used chicken breasts but it would also be fantastic with chicken thighs. You have to give this a try, I promise you won't regret it! This an easy dinner that your whole family will enjoy and you’ll love how easy it is to prepare!
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Easy Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken
- Sweet N Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Lemon Honey Chicken
Lemon Herb Chicken
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place chicken on a baking sheet
- Mix melted butter, garlic, herbs, lemon zest, and juice. Brush on chicken breasts.
- Place baking sheet on the middle rack and roast for 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- In a deep skillet with a lid, melt butter add rice, orzo, onions, and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes or until orzo starts to brown just a bit. Add garlic, thyme, and cook for another minute or until fragrant. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat let stand for 10 minutes fluff with a fork and add fresh parsley.
You can use boneless chicken breasts and cut the cooking time down to 20 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 51mgSodium 789mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.