This Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo makes a perfect side dish or meal on its own.
This Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo with Roasted Asparagus is a fabulous spring dish. The lemon gives it a nice bright freshness and the crisp asparagus just screams Springtime.
Roasting veggies is my favorite way to make them. Just toss them on a baking sheet with some olive oil and seasoning.
What is orzo?
Orzo is tiny pasta not much larger than rice and you can enjoy it as a cold salad or warm side dish. I'd never had orzo pasta until about a year ago and boy have I been missing out, and it has quickly become a family favorite. It's nice to make a pot of this on Sunday for quick meals or lunches throughout the week.
What should I serve with this?
- Pan-Seared Garlic Rib-Eye Steak
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter
- Grilled Tri-Tip with Onions and Peppers
This dish is perfectly filling as a stand-alone or fantastic as a side dish to grilled chicken or steak. Great side dishes don't come much easier than this one. Light cream sauce with garlicky Parmesan goodness and a touch of lemon, sure to be a new summer favorite.
- 1 cup dried orzo
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese -(shredded or grated)
- fresh parsley
- Cook orzo according to directions and set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut 1-2 inches off the ends of the asparagus. Place asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 8 minutes. Set aside and let cool. Then cut into bite size pieces.
- In a skillet on medium heat add butter, once melted add garlic and cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and add lemon juice, cream and Parmesan cheese. Whisk until combined and let simmer on low 1-2 minutes.
- Add orzo and asparagus toss until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Use fresh parmesan cheese (found in the cheese section) not the stuff in the green container.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 47mgSodium 875mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.