Baby, it's cold outside! Time for hot drinks and cozy blankets by the fire. Come in and take the chill off with a cup of this Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate. This recipe is a wintertime staple in our home, and so much better than the store-bought mixes. One sip and you never go back to the packaged stuff.
Living in Northern California it gets cold here, like freezing temperatures and every once in a while we are blessed with snow. Mugs of warm decadent hot chocolate are a must in the winter. Nothing compares to the richness of the hot chocolate, the melted chocolate, and the cream gives it a little thicker consistency. I always make up a double batch and keep it in the refrigerator, to make a single cup up on those chilly nights. Who can resist a steaming hot cup of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows, whipped cream, and crushed peppermint candies? It pairs perfectly with my Chewy Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies!
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used dark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 10 mint candies or mini candy canes (crushed)
- whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan add the milk, cream, cocoa, sugar, chocolate and vanilla, whisk together. Place it over medium low heat, stirring every few seconds to ensure it doesn't scorch. Bring to a simmer or until little bubbles appear on the sides.
- Serve in mugs and top with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and crushed peppermint candies.
- **Note any leftovers can be cooled to room temperature and stored in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving Calories 513Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 54mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 3gSugar 52gProtein 12g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.